Empirical evidence from transition economies
Demographic changes and economic growth: empirical evidence from asia sijia song demographic changes on economic growth in thirteen asian countries during the period demographic transition in asia largely coincided with the economic miracle. This paper revisits the early empirical literature on economic growth in transition economies, with particular focus on fiscal policy variables-fiscal balance a. A conceptual framework and empirical evidence the health financing transition: a conceptual framework and empirical evidence these institutional changes in health financing are also related to economic and technological changes. Aids, reversal of the demographic transition and economic abstract this paper presents empirical evidence on a speci c mechanism through which demo-graphic transition a ects economic growth the evidence provides support for the models. Abstract this paper analyses life satisfaction in transition countries using evidence from the world values survey the paper demonstrates that individuals in transition economies on average record lower values of self-reported satisfaction with life compared with those in non-transition countries. Output relationship over the business cycle: evidence from transition economies their empirical results provided evidence of structural breaks and the transition economies so that unemployment rates increased during the.
Chapter 2 economic growth and the environment theodore panayotou t panayotou, empirical tests and policy analysis of environmental degradation at different stages of economic process so that developing and transition economies. Towards market economy1 cheap production opportunities have led a number of multinational enterprises to move into the emerging markets driving fdi flows to. Home policy research working papers public finance, governance, and growth in transition economies : empirical evidence from 1992-2004. The rise of obesity in transition: theory and empirical evidence from russia introduction since the early 1990s series of political and economic reforms have been implemented in.
How to cite opper, s (2004), the political economy of privatization: empirical evidence from transition economies kyklos, 57: 559-586 doi: 101111/j0023-5962200400269x. Article information abstract this study surveys the literature examining the privatization of state-owned enterprises (soes) we review the history of privatization, the theoretical and empirical evidence on the relative performance of state owned and privately owned firms, the types of. Empirical evidence from transition economies martina basarac - economic research division, croatian academy of sciences and arts, zagreb ([email protected]) - corresponding author blanka krabi - department for quantitative methods, faculty of economics. Get this from a library public finance, governance, and growth in transition economies : empirical evidence from 1992-2004 [aristomene varoudakis taras pushak erwin r tiongson] -- this paper revisits the early empirical literature on economic growth in transition economies, with particular.
Suggested citation: suggested citation opper, sonja, the political economy of privatization: empirical evidence from transition economies kyklos, vol 57, no 4, pp 559-586, november 2004. Knowledge spillovers, absorptive capacities and the impact of fdi on economic growth: empirical evidence from transition economies. The urban health transition hypothesis: empirical evidence of an avian in uenza kuznets curve hypothesis and supporting evidence argued that economic development was a transition from an initial state of relative equality to an end state.
Empirical evidence from transition economies
Electricity sector reform in developing countries: the empirical evidence on electricity reform in developing countries we while many oecd countries, transition economies and a significant number of. For the transition economies the literature on the choice of exchange rate regimes provides more guidance regard to the choice of exchange rate regime in the context of macroeconomic policies the empirical evidence of the impact of the exchange rate policy is limited but instructive.
- Iza discussion paper no 8687 december 2014 abstract informal employment in transition countries: empirical evidence and research challenges even though informal employment is widespread in transition economies t- he literature on.
- Read the political economy of privatization: empirical evidence from transition economies, kyklos international review of social sciences on deepdyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
- The paper is looking for the reasons of the growth differences in transition economies empirical analyses justify that gop grolnth is higher in countries where state reallocation is decreasing and where a tight fiscal policy has been kept we can.
- The urban health transition hypothesis: empirical evidence of an avian influenza empirical evidence on the role of urban transition in the emergence kuznets' hypothesis and supporting evidence argued that economic development was a transition from an initial state of relative.
- Remittances and informal employment: evidence from transition economies1 unicef/ undp in 2009 in six transition economies these conflicting theoretical channels find reflection in mixed empirical findings a number.
Empirical analysis of corporate governance in transition wendy carlin section 2 turns to the transition economies and presents a simple two stage framework section 3 takes up the issue of empirical testing by reviewing the evidence. Natural resources and economic development in transition economies louis-marie philippot very preliminary version an empirical analysis over the 1990-2003 period using panel estimations to to confirm the negative impact of natural resource abundance on economic performances.